Here are some helpful answers to frequently asked questions about microblading.
Does it hurt?
Yes, there is some pain that you experience. It ranges depending on the person. Sarah uses topical anesthetics Zensa Cream (5% Lidocaine), and Sustaine Blue Gel (4% Lidocaine, 2% Tetracaine), to make you feel comfortable and at ease during the procedure.
Is there any down time?
No. However, everyone’s skin is different. Someone who is very sensitive, could possibly turn slightly red and puffy, this will diminish and return to normal within a few hours.
How does microblading differ from permanent eyebrow tattoos?
The difference between microblading and a permanent eyebrow tattoo is how deeply the ink is placed into the skin. Traditional tattoos are meant to last, so artists implant the ink deep into the dermis. While microblading is expected to fade, a digital pen or microblading tool is used to implant ink superficially into the skin. This method creates beautiful, natural looking hair strokes.
How long does it last?
After your initial appointment and your touch-up 4 to 6 weeks later, your new brows will last 1-3 years, yearly touch ups are recommended.
How long does the procedure take?
Depending on the level of brow reconstruction needed the prices vary. Some locations require deposit upon booking.
Talk to your Salon/Spa representative for BrowSavvy promotions and book your complimentary consultation with Sarah today
Benefits of Microblading?
Frames the face Time saver Creates depth Achieves a darker shade Fills in over plucked brows Gives you a more youthful appearance Boosts self confidence Enhances facial expressions/emotions Great for women and men
BrowSavvy Pre-Care - preparing for your microblading appointment
- No coffee, tea, energy drinks or alcoholic beverages for 24 hours before
- Go off of any blood thinning medication and/or daily dose of aspirin with doctors permission 72 hours before
- No direct sunlight or sunbathing, 48 hours before
- No intensive facial treatments for at least 4 weeks prior and following microblading appointment
- Arrive to appointment with freshly washed hair and face (brows need to remain dry for 4 to 7 days following procedure)